Sunday 24 February 2013

Garden Leave

For the past two and a half months I have been on "garden leave".  So, for those of yo unfamiliar with this, essentially I have handed in my notice at work and rather than require me to work they will pay me my usual salary to stay at home (and away from clients!).

This commenced on 13th December, in plenty of time for me to prepare for Christmas. Everybody I speak to appears to be concerned that this time will be boring.  Not so.  I have an extremely busy job and have worked from being 16 years old (in school holidays).  When I take annual leave from work I go on holiday, I simply never have time to just relax and be at home and this three months has been good for my soul.  I have had the time to relax, be with friends, go on additional holidays, be a wife, decorate, sort and craft.  I cannot believe that in a couple of weeks it will all be over and I will be back at work, I have thoroughly enjoyed my time to just be me.

No comments:

Post a Comment