Saturday 16 July 2011

Technology

My husband spends an awful lot of time abroad with work (65 days in the first 6 months of this year), which leaves me missing him desperately.  In the last two weeks whilst he has been away we have discovered the joys of video calling via FaceTime on the iPhone 4.  It is fantastic.  Provided that you both have a wireless internet connection (and an iPhone 4!) you can video call each other for free.  This has completely changed the experience of my husband being away for me.  It now means that if I have bought something new I can show him, he can talk to the dogs (sad I know) and it feels like we are properly staying in touch rather than just having a fraught telephone call whilst I am busy rushing around.  I feel like a teenager sneaking home at lunch to get my half an hour video call to chat to my husband over the wireless internet.  I was even able to chat to him whilst I had a Starbucks one lunchtime using their wireless internet. Isn't technology just fantastic!

1 comment:

  1. Loving this. Just seeing someones face makes a huge difference. Look how happy he looks to be seeing/speaking to you.

    ReplyDelete