Monday 12 April 2010

Summer

Everybody has a favourite season of the year and mine is officially summer – why I hear you ask?

1. Flip flops – like most girls I LOVE shoes and I am sure my husband would say I have far too many (but clearly the truth is I do not have enough!). Of all the shoes however for daywear flip flops are my favourite and I love to wear them as soon as there is a slight hint of warmth in the air until I am forced by cold toes to put them away again.

2. Camping – if you need me to say more then please read this. There is no better feeling than sitting outside in the fresh air drinking a glass of wine and putting the world to rights. Then for hot chocolate and toasted marshmallows before bed and being woken up to the bright sunshine and sound of cows mooing. Bliss!

3. Barbeques – I love a good barbeque. A chance to get together with friends and sit outside. If combined with camping (see above) all the better!

4. Long days – I never have enough time to do the things I want to do. In summer when I get home from work it is still daylight for a good few hours and this makes the days seem so much longer with so much more time to do the fun things (like laying in the hammock in my garden reading a book).

Ah long live the warm weather….

No comments:

Post a Comment